Sunday, October 14, 2012

Panama Sal


Here we go again. Gearing up for another Monday. This is another long week for me, so I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't drag by too slow. We were pretty busy over the weekend spending time with family and friends. It's too bad that the Steelers lost on Thursday, but it doesn't come as a surprise with all the injured players they have this season. It's not looking very promising for the playoffs, but miracles do happen, right?

We went to dinner at my sister's house tonight. My task was to bring a dessert. This isn't always easy since my brother-in-law isn't a fan of chocolate. But I went back to a dessert that I've made in the past and got pretty good reviews on. It's called Panama Sal. I have absolutely no idea where the name came from. I got the recipe from a co-worker, but I'm not sure where she got it from. This is such an easy dessert, and it's delicious. You get a great return on your investment, ha! Here's the recipe (note my sister's new tablecloth in one of the pictures...she wanted me to mention it):

PANAMA SAL
Source: Kathy Ahrens
Servings: 28
Points+: 5


1/2 c. butter, softened
1 pkg. yellow cake mix (or lemon)
3 eggs
1 8 oz. pkg. light cream cheese, softened
1 box 10x powdered sugar (16 oz)

Blend margarine, cake mix and one egg. Put into greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Blend cheese, 2 eggs and powdered sugar (all except ¼ cup of sugar). Pour over first layer and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Sprinkle remaining sugar over warm cake and cut into one-inch squares while still warm.


EXERCISE:
I got lots of activity in today. I went for a 3 mile walk this afternoon. It was a little warm, but the weather was beautiful! Then, while the Panama Sal baked, I decided to take another 1 mile walk, that turned into 1.75 miles. I'm trying to get some extra steps in for the MoveKeeper Challenge at work. After dinner, my sister and I went on another 1 mile walk that was actually one mile. So total, I got about 5.75 miles in today for a total of 7 APs. Not too bad for a Sunday!

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds so good, and it looks really easy too! Love the table cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to know where you got this recipe. My mother used to make this and also called it this. Anyone else I have ever asked has no idea what I'm talking about. As my mother passed six years ago I was so happy to find this

    ReplyDelete