Monday, October 15, 2012

Toffee Apple Dip


Well, today wasn't too bad for a Monday. It went by relatively quickly and painlessly as far as Mondays go. I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I get to go on a field trip with Addison to the local corn maze. They have all kinds of activities for little ones. She had so much fun last year and is really looking forward to going again this year. I think the thing she is most looking forward to is riding the school bus there though. Ha! Give it a few years and then tell me how much she likes riding the school bus!

Since tomorrow is Boss's Day, we decided that it's an occasion for everyone to bring food into work. We're always looking for a reason. But tomorrow is actually legitimate! My supervisor made this delicious apple dip for another occasion a few weeks back, so when this came up. I knew exactly what I was going to bring. This dip is so easy, but it's absolutely delicious. Like, I can't stop eating it delicious. If you make it, don't say I didn't warn you! Here's the recipe:

TOFFEE APPLE DIP
adapted from Southern Living
Servings: 8
Points+: 10


8 oz. light cream cheese, softened
1 8-oz. pkg. toffee bits
3/4 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla extract

Stir together all ingredients until well blended. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.


EXERCISE:
I am loving this walking challenge that we are having at work. I'm going to do a post on it very soon so you all know what I'm talking about. I also love that when we do our 3 mile walk in the evenings, I get in 6,000 steps right there. So easy! After we got in our walk tonight, I did a little bit of strength work. No video or anything, just about 10 minutes to keep the muscles toned. Every little bit counts though, right?

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. Adding this to the list for the neighborhood Halloween cocktail party!

    ReplyDelete