Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes


Thank goodness today is over! Today was a day that I was so tired!! It was all I could do to keep my eyes open. Luckily, we are having a competition at work to get at least 10,000 steps in a day, so it gave me an excuse to get up from my desk and move around.

Since I had some wonton wrappers left over from the lasagna cupcakes, I wanted to go ahead and use them up. What better way than with another variation of savory "cupcakes"? This is a recipe that I've looked at a few times, but never made. I'm not a huge fan of spice in food, so I'm sometimes nervous to make Buffalo flavored dishes. But I thought maybe the blue cheese in this plus the cheddar cheese might help to cool of the flavor a little bit. Here's the recipe:

BUFFALO CHICKEN CUPCAKES
adapted from EmilyBites
Servings: 8 Cupcakes
Points+: 4 per Cupcake


2 c. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
4 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese wedges
3 T. Buffalo wing sauce
½ a celery stalk, diced
16 wonton wrappers
4 oz. 2% milk cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 8 cups of a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.

In a microwavable bowl, combine the chicken, cheese wedges and wing sauce. Microwave for 1 - 2 minutes on high. Stirring every 30 seconds until ingredients are well incorporated. Add celery and stir again.

Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the chicken mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half the cheddar cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.

Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.


EXERCISE:
Even though it rained off and on all day today, I was determined to still get a workout in this evening. Luckily, the weather cleared up after work and we were able to get our 3 mile walk in as a family. It was a bit humid, but hopefully that will be easing off the further into Fall we get.

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! Those look delicious! I will definitely try these, Scott LOVES Buffalo Wings!

    ReplyDelete