Saturday, October 20, 2012

Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings


Hey friends! Sorry I've been MIA for a little while. We've had a lot of things going on lately that make it kind of hard to put up blog posts every day. I'm going to try to post as often as possible, but until things slow down a little bit, I hope you will cut me some slack in not posting every day.

Today was another football Saturday in our house. TC spends most of the day watching football on Saturdays. He spends time on Sundays watching football, too. But he still makes sure to get some things done around the house before he sits down to watch his games. He also makes sure to use the DVR to miss the plays that he needs to see. This morning, he suggested that we make jalapeno poppers and wings for dinner tonight. That sounded good to me, so that's what we had. My parents came over for dinner and brought homemade blue cheese dressing with celery and mini Boston Cream Pies for dessert. Everything was very good! Here's the recipe for the wings:

BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS
adapted from Frank's Red Hot
Servings: 24 - 30 (1 wing per serving)
Points+: 2 - 3


2 1/2 lbs. chicken wings, split and tips discarded
1/2 c. FRANK'S® REDHOT® Cayenne Pepper Sauce (or more to taste)
1/3 c. butter or margarine, melted


Place wings on rack in foil-lined baking pan.

Bake 45 minutes at 425°F until fully cooked and very crispy, turning halfway.

Combine Frank's RedHot Sauce and butter in large bowl. Toss wings in sauce to coat.


EXERCISE:
It was a beautiful day, so I made sure to get in my 3 miles today. After eating too much at dinner, TC wanted to go for a walk, but we just ran out of time. I hope to get a little bit of strength work in tonight before bed, but that will depend on how wiped out I am when that time rolls around. Wish me luck!

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. These are a household favorite around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE buffalo wings! I'll have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete