Monday, September 17, 2012

Creamy Slow Cooker Enchiladas


Ah! Antoher Monday in the books. This is my least favorite day of the week, but I don't think I'm in the minority with that. Of course, if we had Mondays off, then I guess no one would like Tuesdays. It's really a no win situation, so I guess we need to just deal with Mondays. Maybe even learn to like them...I said maybe!

Since I have been on my slow cooker kick, I've been trying lots of different dishes lately. This was one that I made a while back and never got a chance to share with you. You could adjust this however you wanted in order to make it a little spicier. Since I'm not a big fan of spice, I stuck with the green chiles, but feel free to add some jalapenos if you want to. Here's the recipe:

CREAMY SLOW COOKER ENCHILADAS
adapted from Crock-a-doodle-doo
Servings: 4
Points+: 12


9 corn tortillas
2 4-oz. chicken breasts
1 c. fat free sour cream
1 can green chilies, drained
1/2 cup onion
2 c. 2% milk cheddar cheese, shredded
4 oz. light cream cheese, cut into cubes
1 can tomato sauce

Mix chicken, sour cream, chilies, onion & 1 c. cheese in bowl.

Cut tortillas in strips. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.

Layer 1/3 of the tortilla strips then chicken mixture, 1/2 of the cream cheese and another layer of tortilla strips. Pour 1/2 of the tomato sauce on top. Start again with chicken mixture and cream cheese then tortillas and tomato sauce until gone.

Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top.

Cook on low 5-6 hours. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
My back is finally feeling better. I'm not sure why, but after the crazy weekend, I realized that it wasn't sore anymore. I'm pretty happy with that because I didn't want to have to make a trip to the chiropractor. Since it's feeling better now, tonight will be the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout. I've been doing cardio and yoga for a week now, so I am way overdue for some strength training with weights. Hope my back holds up for me!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment