Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Lighter Chicken Pot Pie


Since it's a short week for me, I can officially say that my week is half over! It's been a nice work week for me since all of management is at a conference this week. What that means, is that I can actually get work done without being pulled in other directions to work on things that come up. While I don't usually mind them being around the office, it's very nice when they're gone, too!

I made some delicious Chicken Pot Pie for dinner tonight. I combined two different recipes to come up with one that I liked. The result was a little watery, but this could have been because the veggies weren't completely thawed before I mixed it up, so some of the moisture fromo the veggies probably made is soupier. (Is that a word?) I will definitely make this again, but maybe make sure the veggies are thawed and drained first. Here's the recipe:

LIGHTER CHICKEN POT PIE
adapted from Wholesome Mommy & Betty Crocker
Servings: 6
Points+: 7


1 can of 98% FF cream of chicken soup
1 c. FF sour cream
1 c. low fat milk
1/4 t. garlic powder
1 package (1 lb) frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
8 oz. cooked chicken, shredded
1 c. Heartsmart Bisquick® mix
1/2 c. low fat milk
1 egg

Spray 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. In large bowl, mix soup, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, mixed vegetables and chicken until well incorporated.

Pour this mixture into the casserole dish.

In medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients with fork until mixed. Spread over top of chicken mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and contents are hot.
Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
Other than a short walk around the block with the little one, today was a much deserved Day of Rest!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment