Monday, September 10, 2012

Pretzel Hugs


I hope you all had a great weekend and that your week is off to a great start. We had so much fun in North Carolina. It's always nice to get together with family. We really need to do it more often, but just get too busy and don't make the time. Our weekend is full of family, food and fun. Anytime we all get together, that's usually what happens.

I called my aunt last week and told her that I would bring all the sweets for this weekend. Last year, I took a ton of fudge and everyone loved it. So this year, I decided to still go the sweets route, but change it up a little bit. One of the things I made were these pretzel hugs. I have had the pretzel with a Rolo and pecan on top, but thought these would be good, too, if not even better. And I was right! Here's the recipe:

PRETZEL HUGS
adapted from Cookies & Cups
Servings: 6
Points+: 6


1 bag Snyders Snaps pretzels
1 bag Hershey's Hugs

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and place pretzels on baking sheet. Place an unwrapped Hug in the middle of each pretzel. Place in the oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit for one additional minute. Place another pretzel on top of each hug and press down. Allow to cool until chocolate has hardened. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
I feel like I haven't been giving as much attention to my workouts as I should be. Maybe that's because I've eased up on the intensity and honestly, that frustrates me a little bit. Whatever the reason, I'm determined to start being more diligent about my workouts, starting now. I just finished my Last Chance Workout on the Biggest Loser dvd. Definitely felt good to sweat a little bit!

So long for today...





2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I bet that tastes like a chocolate covered pretzel, which is one of my fave things! :) A friend told me to google for your blog. Nice to "meet" you. I am doing WW points+ program. Come on over to my territory in TN and say hi if you get time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci, they are so good! Thanks for finding me. I will definitely come over to your territory!

      Delete