Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Asian Meatballs


Since I had Monday off, I completely forgot that it was Wednesday today. I didn't realize it until after lunch that it was WIAW today. So I am apologizing to you for not giving you a photo presentation of what I ate today. I do have good news though...Did you all hear that Jillian Michaels is coming back to the Biggest Loser? I'm so excited. I do love Bob Harper and Dolvett is ok, but it just wasn't the same without Jillian's no-nonsense attitude. I can't wait to watch the new season. It's just too bad that I have to wait until January for it to come on.

I am trying to use things out of my pantry so I can clean it out a little bit. One of the things that I see every time that I opened it was the rice noodles that I received in my FPP package a couple of months ago. I hadn't used them yet and since they were so fragile, I wanted to go ahead and get them out of my pantry. I found a great recipe for Asian Meatballs that were served with some rice noodles. It sounded so good that I knew I wanted to try it. Here's the recipe:


ASIAN MEATBALLS
adapted from Dishing Up Delights
Servings: 4
Points+: 4

1/2 lb. ground turkey
1/4 c. onion, finely diced
1 egg
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (I didn't use)
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons flour

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until well combined. Form into 1 to 1-1/2 inch meatballs.

Place the meatballs on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until fully cooked.

I served it along with some rice noodles with sesame sauce, but you could even just dip them in a sweet and sour sauce and serve as an appetizer if you wanted to.


EXERCISE:
Since I took yesterday as a DOR, I knew that I needed to get it in gear tonight. Since I'm planning to run while we're gone this weekend, I decided it was time for some circuit work tonight. I did the circuit workout on my Biggest Loser Last Chance workout DVD. Definitely felt good to get some strength work in.

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. Very nice explained recipe! Asian meatballs are my favorite and they look good on the photo!

    ReplyDelete