Sunday, January 11, 2015

Weekly Menu Plan & Fitness Recap {1/11}

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you all made it through the first full week of the new year. We have had some beautiful weather this week. Too bad it's been pretty cold (for here.) We even had school delayed three hours one day this week because of the cold. I know people think its ridiculous that school was delayed, but people don't realize that a lot of kids down here don't have really warm coats. When they are walking to school or having to stand at the bus stop for a while, it can be pretty dangerous if they don't have the warm clothes they need. Personally, I think it was a good call to delay schools, but maybe that's the Yankee in me :-)

I think I might finally be back into the swing of things with my eating and exercise. I have found some great momentum this week and I'm really hoping to keep it going. I have a good friend at work that is also on Weight Watchers and has done so well with getting her weight off. She has lost over 100 pounds over the last 5 years. She is keeping her weight loss slow so that she can maintain her healthy lifestyle once she reaches goal. She is such a great motivation to me. She keeps me going when I need the extra help. She is the one that convinced me to hide my scale. I'm one that likes to weigh myself every day to check my progress. Even though I REALLY wanted to sneak a peek at the scale, I didn't. And to ensure that I'm not tempted, I hid the scale in the back of my van. I know, that's kind of sad, but it's such a huge temptation to me to have it sitting on the floor of the bathroom. It totally messes with my head throughout the week if I get frustrated with it, so I decided to just hide it. Out of sight, out of mind, right? 

 
Here's what I have planned for meals for the week...

MENU PLAN:
Sunday - Crockpot Roast Chicken
Monday - Orange Honey Glazed Chicken
Tuesday - Leftovers
Wednesday - Crockpot Pork Roast
Thursday - Spicy Sausage Pasta
Friday - Chicken Rollatini
Saturday - Contingency Day

I had a great week of workouts this past week. I worked out 5 days and even had 2 workouts on one of those days. I very rarely did that, but I am trying to jumpstart my weight loss, plus, I needed to get some extra steps in for the day. My nephew challenged me on the FitBit and I wanted to FINALLY beat him. He's been winning most of the challenges lately!

FITNESS RECAP:
Sunday - Yoga Meltdown
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 10 Minute Ab Fix & JM Killer Buns & Thighs
Wednesday - JM 3o Day Shred & T25 Cardio
Thursday - Yoga Meltdown
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 3 mile run

I hope you all have a great week. I might try to post a recipe or two this week.

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job- I'm glad you're finding momentum! I agree that hiding the scale is a good idea. It can have too much power otherwise!

    ReplyDelete