Thursday, February 5, 2015

February 2015 Goals & Thinking Out Loud {2/5}


Hey there everyone! This week has been a busy wee for me and I'm so happy that it's almost over. Busy weeks definitely go by so much faster! I've had a lot on my mind this week and thought it would be a good day to do a Thinking Out Loud post with Running with Spoons.

I've told you all before that I'm a very structured person. I'm always planning something, too. Whether it's a big event, next week's meals or something else. I've always got something that I'm working on. I'm also pretty goal oriented. After reading Ashley from Coffee Cake and Cardio's post about her February goals, I thought maybe it would be a good idea to start making some monthly goals of my own and share them here to help me to be more accountable.

I'd like to have a few different types of goals that I work on. I think that Home, Blog and Myself goals are a good place to start. I'm going to stick to just three for each category for my first month and go from there. So here we go:

Home:
- Do our taxes - this is pretty self explanatory, right?
- Move holiday decorations to the attic - we have a few storage totes of holiday decorations that really need to be moved to the attic. Sounds simple...
- Make & hang frames quotes in dining room - I have an idea for a couple of decorations for the dining room. I really hope they turn out and I'll make sure to share them with you!

Blog:

- share 2 new recipes
- write and publish a post about doTerra - I've really started incorporating these amazing oils into my everyday life and I'd really like to share my experience with them with you.
- Research adding ads to the blog - I'm thinking about starting to turn this blog into a little side business for myself, but I really don't want it to get to the point where it feels like "work" so I'm going to look into my different options for this.

Myself:
- Get my hair cut. - I'd like to go a little shorter with my hair. I already have an appt for this, so it shouldn't be a problem to cross off the list!
- Read 1 book - I love to read but don't do it enough. I'd better get started on this one since it might take a little while!!
- Start using some kind of paper planner - Yes, electronics are nice. But there is something nice about having a paper planner where I can write things down to keep track of my thoughts and ideas.

I'll come back to these at the beginning of March to give an update about how I did and to share my new goals for next month with you!

I hope you'll bear with me while I decided how I want to do this. I'd love it if you would share some of your goals with me, too! What do you have planned for February?

So long for today...


 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Ok so I seriously get super excited whenever I see people talk about getting a planner, because I just got my Erin Condren one a little over a month ago and I'm obSESSED with it. IT's turned into a kind of scrapbook for me, and yeah... I adore that thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda - that's ones of the ones I'm thinking about. It's between EC and Plum Paper...

      Delete