Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thinking Out Loud {2/12}



Thursday, Thursday, Thursday. Here we are again. It’s been another busy week with a lot going on in the Southern Living Yankee household. You all know that we are trying to sell our house. In addition, I’m also trying to sell the townhouse that I bought when I first moved to South Carolina. It’s been rented for a while, but I’ve decided that it would be best to go ahead and try to sell it. The equity that I have in it would really help us out with a couple of the projects that we have planned for our new house. The tenants aren’t being very cooperative with letting agents show the property, which they previously agreed to be. So, I made the tough decision to give them their notice to vacate. Luckily, I have a management company that is handling everything for me. I’ve been told that they aren’t very happy about the notice. But to me, it wasn’t a personal decision. It was a business decision. I need to look out for my family. They are my priority. ANYWAY, sorry to put this all out there, but it’s been weighing on me this week and taking up a lot of my thoughts, so I thought I would share.

Another thought this week…I’ve changed my Weight Watchers plan again. I had been trying to follow the Simply Filling technique, but it just wasn’t working for me. I wasn’t having the loss that I typically have when I finally buckle down to try to lose my weight. I couldn’t figure out what was going on. I was following the SFT and I was exercising most days of the week. I was really confused as to why I wasn’t seeing a change on the scale or in my measurements. Then I went ahead and calculated the points that I would have been using if I would have been tracking. I found out that I was way over. Personally, I’m not able to eat all of my daily points, plus my weekly points, plus any activity points that I earn. The light bulb finally went off and I realized that the best thing would be to go back to tracking points. I’m halfway through my second week and I’m liking what I’m seeing on the scale. After much thought, I’m going to stick with tracking. It’s what has worked for me in the past and I have confidence that it will work again for me. 

I'm also trying to up my water intake. I was talking to a friend of mine about my frustrations and she asked me if I'm drinking enough water. Unfortunately, no. I wasn't. So I'm hoping to change that, too.

This weekend is going to be a challenge for me. We are going to see my cousins and will be spending the weekend with them. They are lucky enough that they don’t have to worry about their weight. They’re both extremely active and are able to stay thin. So they tend to have what I would consider to be indulgences in their house. I’m going to be one of “those” people that bring some of my own food with me. I realize that some people might think this is extreme, but the bottom line for me, is that I have a bridesmaid dress that I need to fit into in less than 3 months. So I need to do what I can to stay on plan! I just hope they’ll understand!!

Sorry for the random thoughts for today. But my mind is going in a lot of different directions and this is what I came up with today. Thank you again to Running with Spoons for this week’s link-up!

I might get another post up, but it might not be until Sunday, depending on how busy we are. Either way, I hope you all have a great weekend!

So long for today…

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with all the house stuff, girl! Buying, selling, and moving can be such a pain in the butt, but it's all worth it when you finally find a place that you love :)

    ReplyDelete