Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Fun - Home Improvement Edition



We made it!! It's Friday you guys!!! This has been the longest week I've had in a long time! Not sure what made it drag or so much, but in any event, we made it through the work week!! Yay!!!

We don't have any absolute definite plans for the weekend...yet. You know me, we always manage to find something to get into. I DO know that I am so ready to HGTV some things around the house. We bought this house in October and moved in the first part of November. We have the kids rooms done. That's it. In the last, I usually go straight from closing to the house and start painting or changing things in some way. When I buy a house, I like to personalize it ASAP.  We didn't want to get too much money tied up until we were out from under our multiple mortgage payments each month. While we still have TC's giant garage that we are in the process of building, we have a set number for that, so I feel like we can finally breathe a little bit and start tackling some of these projects that we've been putting off. We already changed out the fans on our back porch and upgraded our light fixture in the dining room, but I'm ready to paint and finally make this house ours!! Here are some of the rooms/elements I'm using as inspiration...

1. Half Bath: 

                             and


2. Dining Room: 

3. Kids' Art Corner: 
We are doing some local shopping this evening for this one, but might have to take a road trip to Ikea in Charlotte torrid if we can't find what we need.

4. Entryway: I decided earlier this week that I'd like to have a hall tree as our drop zone for backpacks, purses, coats, etc. they always end up thrown where ever and I've just gotten really tired of it! 

5. Curtains/Valances: I'm feeling pretty crafty and have decided to make some valances for some windows around the house. I am enlisting the help of my sister's mother-in-law for this one though. She helped my sister make some really cute valances for her house and we texted earlier this week about some options. I can't wait to get started on them! 

I have so many other projects that I want to get done, but these ones should keep me busy for a while!

I hope you all have a great weekend! Hopefully, I'll be able to report back about all of the progress we made over the weekend!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment