Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Patriotic Pie

Do you want to make pie? Yes, I want to make pie. Let me see it in your eye...Yes! I want to make pie!!

Any other Backyardigans fans out there? I think this is one of my favorite episodes. I was so bummed when it went off the air!! If you're completely lost and have no idea what I'm talking about, you're missing out!! Google Samuri Pie. It's worth it..

Ok, moving on. I pinned this pie a while back. I think the recipe they used was super complicated, so I made my own version that was easy, peasy and came together pretty quickly. I made this last Sunday after we got back from our camping trip at Hunting Island (so fun!!). We had my parents and an out-of-town friend over for dinner and I made this for dessert. It was really good and would be perfect for the upcoming holiday weekend!

Here's the recipe:

PATRIOTIC PIE
Servings: 8

1 double pie crust (I used a box of Jiffy pie crust mix)
1 can blueberry pie filling
1 can cherry pie filling
Sugar for dusting

Seriously, this is so easy. Rollout your bottom crust and place in pie pan. 

Empty blueberry pie filling into pan. I built up 1/4 of the crust with this then I poured the can of cherry pie filling over top of the rest.  (I hope I explained that well.) you have to use both cans or you won't have enough filling.

Roll out the top crust. Cut out stars and place over top of the blueberry "corner." Then roll out some stripes of crust and place over the cherry filling. Dust the top of the crust with white sugar.

Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven and allow to cool.

Enjoy!!

I'm telling you, for minimal effort, this is pretty impressive. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

We are headed out to dinner tonight, then I'm making some of these cupcakes for Addison's class picnic tomorrow.

I hope you have a safe and Happy 4th of July weekend!

So long for today...


 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment