Friday, November 15, 2013

Pumpkin Bread


Look at this! Two recipes in the same week! I'm on fire! Haha. I know you might be getting tired of all the pumpkin things that are being posted everywher this year, but I'm all caught up in it, too. I'm addicted to pumpkin spice for some reason this year. Have you all seen the pumpkin spice Hershey's Kisses? So, so good! If you see them, you need to buy a bag. I might have bought one (or eight - not kidding) bags just before Halloween. I'm having to pace myself. Otherwise, I could seriously eat an entire bag in one sitting. They're that good. At least, that's what I think. TC would disagree with you.

So I've been wanting to make some pumpkin bread all Fall. A couple of weeks ago, I tried to make a healthy version that didn't have any butter or sugar in it. It was a great idea, but ended up in the trash. The think I was most disappointed about was wasting 1/2 of a cup of local honey that someone had given me. It was so good, I could have eaten it with a spoon. Anyway, I had to redeem myself and make some pumpkin bread worth eating. There are so many different recipes out there, I didn't know which one to try. I didn't want to make too much bread as I know who would be the one eating it all! So I looked in my trusty Fannie Farmer cookbook and found a simple and delicious recipe. The result was perfection! TC and Addison both loved it. Here is the recipe:

PUMPKIN BREAD
adapted from Fannie Farmer
Servings: 10
Points+: 7


1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 c. pumpkin purée
1/2 c. canola oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. water
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ground cloves
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar and baking soda and mix until blended. In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs, water and spices. Mix until this is blended. Next, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until blended, but do not over mix. If using nuts, fold them in at this point.

Pour the batter into a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Turn the loaf out of the baking pan and allow to cool on a rack.

Enjoy!


So what are your must-have recipes for the Fall season? Do you prefer pumpkins or apples? I hope you all have a great weekend!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment