Thursday, December 31, 2015

Thoughts on 2016

Here we are. Starting another new year. Whether you want to call them resolutions, goals or intentions, I've been having a lot of thoughts looking ahead to 2016. 2015 was a pretty good year overall. It definitely had its ups and downs, but in the end, we are all healthy and happy. And I think that's what matters most.

Looking ahead to this new year, I have some thoughts (of course) on how I would like my year to go and what I'm going to do to make that happen. I want to improve both my mind and my body.


My major focus is just going to be living a more positive life. There seems to be so much negativity surrounding us these days. I'm determined not to let it get me down. Now, this will take a bit of work, too. I'm going to really analyze the people in my life and make the conscious decision about whether or not they all need to remain. That may seem pretty rude, but some people are honestly just downright exhausting! They seem to suck all of my energy!
Just look through your FB news feed. They're easy to spot, constantly complaining about things. The time I spend with and on these people will greatly be minimized in this new year. I realize that some of these people will have to remain for "political" reasons :-) but I can still minimize their impact on my thoughts and life.


Of course, I'm starting the new year off with the 24 Day Challenge. This is exactly what I need to finally shed these last few pounds and get ready to tone up throughout the year. I'd love to be able to run another half marathon, but the training takes up a good bit of time. So, we will have to see what all we have going on before I decide whether or not I can do it.

I want to spend more time with those people that mean the most to me. I have made some new friendships this past year and I would love for them to grow. One of my mom's favorite sayings is, "Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver, the other gold." This perfectly sums up how I feel. I want to make time for both old and new friends!

Finally, I want to spend more time on my blog. I have been pretty inconsistent with my posts this past year and I would like to change that. I love interacting with all of you. So, please give me suggestions. What would you like to see this coming year? More recipes? Workouts? Day in the life? General life lately updates? Tell me what interests you!!

I hope you all have a happy and healthy new year. And I hope that you will all stick around!

So long for today...




No comments:

Post a Comment