Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 House to Home Projects

Good morning everyone! I hope you've all had a safe and happy New Year's holiday and are having a great weekend. Don't forget, there are only 3 days left to join the biggest ALL IN Challenge to help you to become the healthier you!! You definitely don't want to pass this one up!! There are ways to get discounts and I can customize a program for you no matter what your budget! Email me at southliveyankee@gmail.com to find out how!

We are headed out of town to see family, so I thought I would take the time to do a quick post.


Looking ahead (and around the house) I'd love to come up with some home improvement projects to tackle this year. I just want to come up with a few semi-big(ish) projects that we may (or may not) have been wanting to do since we've moved into the house. As home owners, I don't think you are ever done with your to-do list. It's all part of making your house your home, at least it is to me. So, now that we have sold all of our houses except for the one we are currently living in, I feel like we can start paying more attention and spending some more money on our family home.

Here are the projects that is like to see completed this year:

1. New carpet in the formal living and dining room. This carpet is in pretty bad shape and has been since we purchased the house. It hasn't been a top priority since we only recently started using the formal livig room and don't use the dining room as much as we should. We have painted the walls in both rooms and ordered a new couch for the living room. It should be here in 3-4 weeks and I.can't.wait! It's a sectional with recliners on each end. It's going to make the room so cozy. I'm so excited for it! While it would probably be better to get the carpet installed before the couch arrives, I just don't think that's possible since our final payment is due on our upcoming cruise within 10 days. So....it's going to be an eventually purchase :-)

2. Another project I'd love to get done this year is to have a microwave installed over our stove. I've always loved the convenience of this feature, plus, since we don't have an abundance of counter space in the kitchen, it would be nice to have that extra real estate on the counter! This is a pretty complex project since we will have to redesign the cabinets in order to have room for the microwave. So, looks like I'll have to be making my dad lots of dinners to butter him up to help with this one! Haha!

3. Our final project will be to work on the guest bath room. The fixtures need to be updated in the shower and I'd like to personalize it a bit more. The current fixtures are brass and we've recently had trouble with the shower. Since we use this as the kids bathroom and give them baths, it hasn't been a big issue. But we've recently had some overnight guests and it would be nice to have an (easily) working shower for them. I also did a screenshot of a cute shelf (in above picture) I would love to make (myself) and hang in there as well.

So, there is my list of home improvement projects for the coming year. I hope to have a few side projects along the way, too. But these are our GOAL projects for the year. I'll be sure to update you on the progress!

I hope you all have a great rest of your weekend!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment