Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Crockpot Balsamic Chicken Breasts

Good evening everyone!! It was a beautiful day in the Lowcountry today and was supposed to be almost 70 degrees! I'm not sure what the temperature actually made it up to, but man was a a gorgeous day! I'll take as many of these as Mother Nature will allow us!
(Photo credit: Donna Buford Spell)

I tried a new recipe last night and it was really good (and easy). I wasn't really planni to do a post about it, but it ended up being so good and I had a couple of people asking for the recipe, so I thought I would throw it up on this here blog for you all to try. (Please excuse the less than stellar iPhone pictures being used and thank you to Donna for giving me permission to use the above pic.) This recipe came from an informational packet that I got from Advocare. I'm not sure if they are the original source for it, so please forgive me if there is someone else that is due credit for it. Another bonus about this recipe is that it fits into the 10 Day Cleanse and the 24 Day Challenge. All clean ingredients! Yay!

Here's the recipe:

Crockpot Balsamic Chicken Breasts
Servings: 4

1 T. olive oil

4 garlic cloves, minced

4 chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise

1 t. salt

1 t. pepper

3 t. minced dried onion

2 t. dried basil

¾ c. balsamic vinegar

 

Add the oil and garlic to the bottom of the crockpot or slow cooker.  Mix dry seasonings together in a small bowl.  Sprinkle seasoning mixture over both sides of each piece of chicken and lay chicken in crockpot.  Pour balsamic vinegar over the breasts.  Cover and cook on low 3 – 3.5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.



I'd love to know what you all think of this if you try it! So, please be sure to check back and leave a comment if you do!


I finally got a workout in today after taking 3 rest days. This illness has been kicking my bootay since Friday! With the exception of an issue going on with my eye, I think I might finally be on the mend! Headed to an opthamologist tomorrow to deal with the eye, so planning (and hoping) to be 100% very soon!!

I hope you all have a great rest of you week!

So long for today...
 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment