Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oatmeal Cookie Pie


Happy Friday everyone!! We made it through another week. I just got back from a nice 3 mile run followed by a 1 mile walk. Definitely a great way to kick off the weekend! I am doing great with my food and fitness plan this week. I had to make one swap, but I will fill you in on that with my recap on Sunday.

Today's recipe is anything but WW friendly, but it is so good. I made it back in February (if you can't tell by the tablecloth) and never posted about it. Since I am on my oatmeal kick lately, I thought I would share it with you. Next time you want to splurge, I highly recommend this pie. Here's the recipe:

OATMEAL COOKIE PIE
adapted from Mr. Food
Points+: 9
Servings: 10


1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
3 eggs
1 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. unpacked brown sugar
2 T. light butter, melted
1 T. butter, melted
1 c. quick cooking oats
1 T. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Unfold pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, corn syrup, sugar and butter. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into crust. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is set in center. Cool.


I will leave you with a picture of my awesome running buddy from this morning. He always does a great job of keeping pace with me. Ha!


Have a greay weekend everyone. It's supposed to cool down here which I think we all will welcome!!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment