Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Recap

Well, hey there! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! We definitely did. It was a busier one than I had planned, but it was a good one.

Friday started off with a hair appointment bright and early in the morning. After that, we headed to Home Depot to pick up some trim for the floors and I got some flowers to plant around the house. We had lunch with TC's brother and sister-in-law where we had an amazing pumpkin cupcake. I decided that I would have to make some pumpkin cupcakes over the weekend, too. We just hung around the house the rest of the day trying to figure out what all needed to be done.

Saturday, was such a beautiful day and we worked outside the entire day. We got all of the planting done, but didn't get to get the mulch put down since the place we buy it from closed a half an hour before TC and my dad got there. Boo! But we still got so much done around the yard. I will post some picks acter the mulch is down, but here are some before pictures: 


My parents came over to help us out, too. I have a black thumb, but my mom has a pretty green one. So it's nice to have someone that has an idea about plants around. Our biggest news from the day is that Camden got his second tooth. Just over 4 months and has 2 teeth already. Please time slow down a little bit!! He loves to talk now and is fascinated by his hands!

We went to church Sunday morning, then headed up to my parent's house so that TC could help my dad take down a tree that he had been worried about for a year or so. I don't do well in situations like this! And couldn't watch.
 
Thankfully, it came down with no problem. It's so nice when things work out that way!
And now we have a ton of firewood for the winter months! We had a nice dinner with my parents and then came back home to get ready for the week.

I also got a couple of great runs in over the weekend! My pace is picking up and I'm almost back to a sub-10 minute mile! 

Nothing definite planned for this week yet. We have a meeting today with the pastor about Camden's baptism and the poor little guy gets his 4 month shots this afternoon. I see many cuddles in our future :-)

I hope you all have a great week!

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love pumpkin cupcakes :)
    I have a black thumb too. Way to get out there and work on the yard, I avoid it like the plague!

    ReplyDelete