Friday, September 6, 2013

Pantry Purge

Happy Friday everyone!! We've just about made it to the weekend!!!Anyone have something fun planned for the weekend? I told you the other day that we are going camping this weekend. Hopefully, everyone will stay healthy long enough for us to enjoy the weekend. Fingers crossed for some nice weather! There is always a chance of rain during the Summer in South Carolina, so you can't really can't count too much on the forecast. So we'll just have to wait and see!

I don't know about you, but I love to grocery shop! I know, that may sound weird. I may not enjoy not the difficult part of trying to keep the kids calm while I go through my list and make sure that I've gotten everything on it, but I love browsing through the aisles and looking for new and fun products to try. One of my favorites is different pasta shapes or new varieties of cereals. Seriously, at one point, we had 7 boxes of cereal open. Addison might have a bowl here or there, but other than that, I am the only one that eats cereal in the house.

Well, one of the downfalls of buying the new products to try is that sometimes, they get forgotten about. Well, lately, the sometimes have turned into most of the time and it has led to a pantry that is very un-organized and very cluttered. The same goes for the freezer! We even have a small deep freeze in the garage that is chocked full of food, plus another refrigerator/freezer in the garage. I can't take it anymore. I also hate to throw food away. It not only crosses my mind that there are other people in the world that would kill to have that food, but it's pretty much throwing money in the garbage. I don't know about you, but I'm definitely not a fan of that.

In an effort to clean out the pantry and freezer, I am going to cook our dinners using products that we already have on hand. When we go to the grocery store the next couple of weeks, I will only be buying fresh produce, bread and maybe some lunchmeat if we need it. I'm tired of having avalanches occur regularly when I open the pantry. This will help not only to purge the pantry and fridge, but it will definitely help out on the wallet, too! What a great bonus! I'm looking forward to checking back with you in a couple of weeks to let you know how de-cluttered the pantry and freezer have become. I will try to take some pictures of some of the meals that I make, too. Wish me luck!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment