Tuesday, September 10, 2013

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies


Hey friends! We made it through another Monday! So far, I'm sticking to my weekly plan! I got my yoga done last night, too. I had to do it in two different parts because of a hungry baby, but I got it done! It's been too long since I've done it. I'm so glad I got it in. Tonight is supposed to be a 3 mile family walk. Hopefully, TC isn't late getting home (of course, since I wrote this he will be!) and the humidity is low like it was last night.

I'm a huge fan of Subway. I think anyone that is trying to eat better and maybe lose some weight is. It's a great place to go to get a lighter meal that still tastes good and doesn't deprive you. I think the hardest part about going to Subway is resisting their cookies. I mean, you do so well making all of the right choices, then when you get up to the register to pay, there, right in front of you is a case of delicious looking cookies. Now, normally, it's not very hard for me to resist these cookies. It was a completely different story though when I saw that they had a new flavor a couple of years back. White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake. Are you kidding me? I love all those flavors. So I decided to try one...WOW! They were delicious. Definitely not good for my waistline! The only good thing was that not all the stores carried them. So I was safe as long as I chose my Subway wisely. When we were getting ready to go on one of our cruises, I contacted Subway to see if I could buy some of this dough so that I could bake the cookies at home to take with us, but they said no. My mission was to find a recipe for these delicious cookies. Well, more than two years later, I FINALLY found a recipe. These taste just like the Subway cookies. I'm telling you, you definitely want to make these cookies...then freeze them so you don't eat them all at once!

Here's the recipe:

WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE COOKIES
adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff
Servings: 24 large cookies or 36 small cookies
Points+: 4 or 6 Pts+ depending on size


4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 Tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 (7 ounce) boxes Jiffy raspberry muffin mix
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, shortening and brown sugar until just combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each. Fold in muffin mix and flour until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips and chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Roll dough into 1" balls (I used a small cookie scoop) and place on baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or just until the edges are golden brown.


I hope you're all having a great week and are sticking to your Weekly Food & Fitness Plans! I'm hoping to have another WIAW post for you tomorrow if I can remember to take pictures of all of my food!

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those look delicious! Maybe I will add them to my Christmas Cookie Round-up!

    I am taking pics today for WIAW too! See ya there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! Addison even said they were "Mmmm, delicious!" Haha!!

      Delete