Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cherry Limeaid Cupcakes


Happy Friday everyone! We made it through another week! I'm lucky that this is my Friday off. Other than my hair appointment this morning, we don't have any other plans. Well, any other definite plans that is. I am planning to get some stuff done around the house. We're trying to spruce things up a bit. I guess you could call it our "Fall Cleaning." Maybe it's because I was very pregnant during the Spring. Maybe it's because it's finally starting to cool down a bit and we can get outside and enjoy the nice weather. Whatever the reason, I'm hoping to clean up my flower beds this weekend. They have been severely neglected and I plan to remedy that this weekend. Be on the look-out for some pictures on Instagram. Might even do some before and after shots!


So here it is! I'm FINALLY posting the recipe for the delicious Cherry Limeaid cupcakes that I've been talking about the last couple of weeks. I've been on a cherry limeaid kick lately and wanted to make some cupcakes with it. It also helped that I'm still working on the pantry purge and had some white cake mixes in the pantry that I needed to use. And it didn't hurt that we were having dinner at my parents' house with some friends and I had volunteered to bring dessert. I'm telling you, you need to make these cupcakes. Everyone said they were delicious! The cupcake part is kind of tart, but the sweetness of the frosting goes along great with it. I love sour things and was afraid that maybe the cupcakes were too sour, but everyone said they were great. Here's the recipe:

CHERRY LIMEAID CUPCAKES
SLY Original
Servings: 24
Points+: 4


Cupcakes:
1 box white cake mix
1 12-oz. can diet lemon-lime pop
2 egg whites
1 tub sugar free cherry limeaid drink mix
2 small jars marishino cherries, drained

Frosting:
8 ox. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
2 - 3 T. sugar free cherry limeaid drink

Preheat oven according to directions on cake mix box.

Line cupcake pan(s) with 24 cupcake liners or use cooking spray to lightly coat 24 spots. Place one cherry in the bottom of each liner.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pop, egg whites and drink mix. Beat together with an electric mixer until thoroughly mixed. Pour mixture evenly into cupcake liners in pan, filling each about 2/3 full.

Bake according to direction on cake mix box. Let cool completely before frosting.

In a separate bowl, combine 2 T. of drink with the cream cheese and the sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and then frost the cupcakes. If frosting is too stiff, you can add additional drink until it is to your desired flavor and consistency. Top each cupcake with sugar if desired and one more cherry. Enjoy!

I'm off to get started on my weekend to-do list. I hope you all have a great weekend!


So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment