Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Grilled Pizza

Was anyone else spoiled by the long weekend? I really didn’t want to come back to work today. My body got pretty used to that 4 day weekend! Anyone else? It definitely helps that this will be another short week since we had Monday off from work. We have another fun weekend coming up…we’re going camping. TC has been camping deprived since I was pregnant and then after having Camden, so he is the most excited about it. I will take lots of pics and let you all know how Camden enjoyed his first camping trip.

Have you ever grilled pizza? Yes, pizza...on the grill. I had grilled many things over the years, but pizza was not one of them.


That was until a friend of mine asked me about it. I had been seeing people talking about it, but never thought that it was something that I really wanted to try. Well, when Tracy asked me about it, I decided that maybe I should look into it a little bit more. After doing a Pinterest search, I decided that I definitely wanted to try it. It took me a few months, but I finally tried it a few weeks ago. It’s such a great idea. It gives the pizza a unique, smoky flavor that you can’t get from the oven. Even though clean-up was a lot easier, I think I will stick with the traditional oven method.


If you’re a huge pizza fan, I highly recommend trying this method though. It might be that little something extra that your pizza has been missing!

To make it, I just mixed up a batch of pizza dough…recipe coming someday soon to the blog. After it was ready, I rolled it out and laid it on a cookie sheet that had been sprayed with cooking spray. I also brushed both sides with olive oil. Then I took it out and transferred it onto my grill that I had preheated to about 400 degrees. I grilled one side for about 4 minutes, then I flipped it over and grilled for another 4 minutes. I then took it off the grill and added my toppings. I put it back on the grill and I baked it until the cheesy was nice and melted. I took it off the grill, let it cool for a couple of minutes and then cut into pieces. Easy as pie…pizza pie that is! Haha!!


I’m curious to know what you all think of this. If you try it, please come back and leave a comment to let me know what you thought!

So long for today…


No comments:

Post a Comment