Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Book Review - The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels


I know I don't usually do reviews, but I read this book last week while we were on the cruise and I liked it so much, I wanted to share it with all if you. I was talking to some women at work about the book and I knew that they weren't all "foodies" like I am, so I asked them if they knew who the Pioneer Woman was. One of them said, "Doesn't she cook on that food channel?" Haha. Yes, she does, indeed, cook on that food channel.

This book is by Ree Drummond aka "The Pioneer Woman." It's a "love story" about how she met her husband aka "Marlboro Man." I had seen the book many times when I was searching Amazon and other places for her cookbooks. But for some reason, it never appealed to me. A few weeks ago, I was looking through our local library's website for a couple of books to download to my Kindle to read while we were away. Well, when I saw this one, I decided to give it a try. It was already checked out from the digital library, but I put my name on the list hoping it would be checked back in by the time we left. Luckily, I was notified a couple of days before we left that it was ready for me to download.

I started reading it our first night away and could not stop reading it! She tells such a cute story the whole way through. I don't want to give you a lot of the details of the book, but it starts with her moving from Los Angeles to Chicago with her making a "quick" stop in her home town in Oklahoma. Only, what was supposed to be quick ended up much longer than she anticipated. She ended up having a random meeting with her cowboy in a local bar. Little did she know just how much her life would change after that one night!

This was such a great book, Seriously! Ask TC about it. I just couldn't put it down. It's not the typical "Oh my gosh I can't put this down" book that I read. But it was just so good. I feel like I know her a little better now. When it ended, I found myself wanting more. I'm hoping that she writes a sequel to this one. I'd love to know what made her decide to start blogging, how she developed her passion for photography and when her love for cooking started, too. If you're interested, you can purchase the book from Amazon here.

If you read it, I would love to know your opinions on it. Stop back and share if you can.

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment