Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mexican Chili


Happy Hump Day friends! I know it's Wednesday, and usually when I post on Wednesdays, I do a WIAW post, but I have been really slack about taking pictures of the foods I've been eating. I've been doing really well so far with my 21 Day Fix meal plan, I just haven't remembered to take a picture of everything. I take a couple a day, but not of everything. Maybe I will eventually be able to have enough that I can show you a sample day of meals and snacks.


Instead, I thought I would share a new recipe with you all. I get excited when I come up with my own recipes that I don't see on Pinterest or somewhere else first. This is one of those recipes. I made this when we were having that miserable weather a couple of weeks ago. It's so easy to do, too. You just cook up the meat and then dump everything in the crockpot. Easy peasy. And absolutely delicious, too! We served it over some brown rice. I added some fat free cheddar and a dollup of sour cream (you could also use plain greek yogurt) to mine. It made it so creamy and delicious. This definitely took care of my comfort food craving that I had! Here's the recipe:


MEXICAN CHILI
Points+: 6
Servings: 8

1 lb. lean ground turkey, browned
2 c. frozen corn
1 can Rotel
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can chili beans, NOT rinsed
1 - 2 cups chicken broth

Add everything to the crockpot and cook on low for 4 - 6 hours. Add whatever chili "fixins'" you normally like and enjoy!


I was in kind of a hurry when I made this, so this is just how I made it. But next time, I will probably sautee up some onion and green pepper with my turkey meat and add it in. Not only would that help to bulk it up some, but also give it a little more flavor.

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you post the recipes that you make from your food & fitness link-up!

    ReplyDelete