Friday, February 7, 2014

Simple Start Drop-out



Ever since I thought of the name for this blog post, I've been singing the song "Beauty School Drop-out" from Grease. It's been since yesterday. My co-workers hate me :-) And if you know the song, you probably will too for the rest of the day. It's a seriously addictive song. I need to find some other obnoxious song to start singing now.

As the title says, I'm a Simple Start Drop-out. I tried. I tried really hard. But it's just not going to work for me. I need more structure. When I was reading the information about the plan, it seemed simple enough...eat as much as you want from a specific list of foods for two weeks and allow yourself an "indulgence" here and there. Well, once I started looking into it more and talking to a friend of mine that goes to meetings, I realized that you need to read the fine print. It's not an all you can eat from that list, because let me tell you, I can eat! There are specific sized plates, bowls and cups that you are supposed to use for everything. You can fill those plates, bowls and cups until your heart's content. And then, you can go back for a second helping of those same foods. You still need to think about portion sizes. Maybe this is a no brainer for most, but it wasn't for this nursing mama here! I thought I had found the jackpot for my extra calorie needs. Unfortunatly, I was was wrong. Or maybe fortunately, whichever you look at it. I guess it is a good thing that I found this out before too much time passed and I started going back for third and forth helpings.

I'm such a structured person in life. That's why Weight Watchers works so well for me. But the Simple Start (or even Simply Filling technique) just won't work for me. I need definite boundaries for everything. Plus, if I need to be measuring portions and serving sizes anyway, why don't I just go back to what I know? So that is exactly what I'm going to be doing now. I'm going to stick with what I know...and that is Weight Watchers Points Plus. I know it works for me when I stay on-plan, so now I have to do just that...stay On-Plan. I'm trying to figure out some kind of a reward for me for when I finally hit goal, which if I stay OP for a few weeks, should be very soon. Any ideas?

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Dude, nursing makes me ravenous! I totally feel ya!

    ReplyDelete