Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Summer 2016 Goals

First, I want to wish my parents a Happy Anniversary! Today marks 53 years for them. Such a huge accomplishment these days!! So glad they have given me an example of making a marriage work! Here's to another 53!!

So, it's been a while since I came up with any goals, so with Summer starting on Monday, I thought I'd come up with some goals for the next 13ish weeks...

1. Read 5 books. This is a pretty ambitious goal for me given the fact that I probably haven't read that many books in the last year. But I love to read and am really going to try to do it more this Summer! The Amazon credits I received today will definitely help out, too!!

2. Run or walk 150 miles. This is another big goal for me. It means I'm going to have to be more consistent with my runs, forget the excuses and throw in some longer runs. I'll need all the motivation I can get!!

3. Finish the valances in the house. I bought material almost a year ago to make valances for the breakfast nook, master bedroom & bathroom and Addison's room. I finished the ones in the breakfast nook, but stopped there. I even forgot where I put the material for a while. Luckily, I found it a few weeks ago in the garage! Ha!

4. Try one new recipe every week. (The jalapeƱo popper recipe is coming soon!) This can be any kind of recipe. I'm a huge dessert fan, as you all know, and with Summer cookouts in full swing, I'd love to be able to find a way to enjoy dessert, but not blow my macros for the day!

5. Organize and sell or donate the baby items - we still have a TON of baby stuff in the garage. It's really in the way and needs to go. It all take a while to go through it all, but I'm hoping I can chip away at it. Maybe we'll have another yard sale, who knows?!

I'll stop with that. All together those all seem like pretty daunting goals to me, but maybe it will help to just take it one week or even one DAY at a time! Lol!!

What goals do you have for the Summer? I'd love to hear what you have planned!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment