Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Summer Plans, Eats & Treats

Hey there! I just wanted to touch base with you all. I feel like it's time for a little honesty. I have really been struggling with my food ever since the cruise. I'll get back on track for a few days and then indulge in too many treats. I'm that analogy that if you trip going down a step, I'll throw myself down the rest. If I get a flat tire, I slash the other three. Am I making sense? When I start to get off track with my eating, I throw it all out the window and eat whatever I want to for the rest of the day. And I'm definitely not going to track it all. Because, as we all know, if we don't track it, it's like it never happened, right ;-) Yes. I'm kidding. But seriously, I need to buckle down, enter SUMMER!! This is one of the hardest times for me. We are so crazy busy during the Summer and try to jam-pack so many fun things in, that's it's really hard to make the healthiest choices in food. We are camping this weekend, are going to PA in July and also would like to make a long weekend trip to DC and also at least one trip to Carowinds (the amusement park we like.) We'd also would like to spend a few more weekends camping if we can pack it in.

So, what's my point? Well, I need to find something that works for this busy Summer lifestyle. After way too much thinking, I've decided to go back to the PointsPlus program. Am I going to stay my WW membership up again? Umm, no. I'm just being honest. I've been so all over the place, I'm not even sure I can stick with this. What I do know is that I was able to lose weight during the Summer with WW before, so why can't I do it again? Of course, I'm sticking with my Advocare products to help me out, but my eating plan will be WW-style. I just need the flexibility during this busy season.

I'm going to also try to keep the processed foods to a minimum, but I'm not going to beat myself up over a damn cupcake. Or chips. Or whatever I decide to splurge on at my next picnic.

So, here it is all it on the table. I'm showing you all of my cards and being completely upfront with you. I'd love all the accountability and support I can get on this long and meandering journey. Yes, I've come a long way, but this journey isn't over yet. I'm still working on a better version of myself everyday!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment