Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip - aka "Crack" Dip


I hope everyone had a happy 4th of July! We went to the beach to TC's family reunion. Of course, everyone else in the tri-county area decided to go to the beach too and we ended up sitting in traffic for over an hour, just to go 3 miles. I'm not kidding. I wouldn't kid about this. At one point, TC even turned to me and told me that he would be quite alright if I told him just to turn around and go home. If Addison hadn't been looking forward to going to the beach so much, I would have!

So of course, I had to bring something to the reunion. I decided to bring some Cheddar Bacon Ranch dip with some crackers. It's also called crack dip because it's so good, you get hooked and can't stop eating it. It was already TC and Addison approved last night when I made it. Everyone that tried it today said they liked it, too. I have to admit that I think it's quite tasty, too. The best thing about it is that it literally takes 5 minutes to mix up. Again, I'm not kidding. I had to estimate the servings on it. The total recipe has 38 points in it, so if you don't have 12 people eating it, just divide it up however you want. Just make sure you get some, too! Here's the recipe:

CHEDDAR BACON RANCH DIP - AKA "CRACK" DIP
adapted from Plain Chicken
Servings: 12
Points+: 3


16 oz fat free sour cream
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
3 oz bacon bits (in the bag not jar)
1 cup 2% milk shredded cheddar cheese

Mix together and refrigerate 24 hours. Serve with chips and/or veggies.


EXERCISE
I really wanted to run today. I would like to get as many miles in this weekend as possible, but everything was against me this morning. First of all, Addison woke up late, then I realized my iPod is still at work and TC's was dead. I know, I know. No excuses, right? I promise that I really did want to run, but I just ran out of time. Instead, I did Level 3 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I can't remember the last time I did this level of that workout. It definitely worked me out. And really, are rockstar jumps necessary Jillian? Especially during the third circuit? Haha!

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. This was an excellent dip-thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete