Sunday, July 1, 2012

Zucchini Tots


This has been one of those weekends that has been so busy, I haven't felt like I've been able to relax at all. We're almost done with the camper, just a few more things to take care of and it should be ready for our first camping trip. I'm sure there are going to be some things that we're missing for our first trip, but that's why you make lists, isn't it?

Dinner tonight was such a great summer meal! We had grilled turkey brats with fresh corn on the cob and zucchini tots made with some of the zucchini that I got at the farmer's market. Dessert was leftover chocolate chip cookies (recipe coming soon) and fresh peaches with a little bit of Stevia. How good does that sound? It was delicious! The tots came from Emily Bites with a couple of tweaks that turned out really good! Here's the recipe:

ZUCCHINI TOTS
adapted from Emily Bites
Servings: 3
Points+: 2


1 c. zucchini, shredded
1/4 mediu onion, chopped
1/4 c. egg substitute
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. reduced fat parmesan cheese
1/4 t. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.

In small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until blended well. Evenly distribute among muffin cups, using a spoon to smooth the top of each tot.

Bake at 400 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden brown.


EXERCISE:
I got up early again this morning and got ready for my run. I did head out earlier than usual, but not as early as yesterday and not as early as I would have liked. I ran about 4.25 miles and walked another .5. Once again, I was a hot mess by the time I got back. I've really enjoyed getting my runs in early this weekend. With the holiday on Wednesday, I'm off again for the day, so maybe I will be able to get another early morning run in before we head to the family reunion at the beach.

So long for today...

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make these! The recipe has been sitting in my kitchen drawer for a couple of moths. We need to make them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim - They were so good! I just finished the leftovers for lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alex requested these for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete