Thursday, July 26, 2012

Orange Creamsicle Cookies


Well, the weekend is almost here! I hope you are as excited as I am. Thursday evening was spent making my list and checking it twice. I am a huge proponent of making lists for everything. Camping is no exception to the rule! I have made lists of the food I want to cook and the foods I want to take. I also have to try to remember everything that I needed last time we went camping but didn't get yet. I'm sure there is some stuff that I'm forgetting. But I'm sure I'll remember it...eventually.

I made these delicious cookies the other night. I sent some to the neighbor's house, sent some to work with TC and took the rest to my office. These disappeared pretty quickly from the plate in my office. Everyone said they were pretty good, and I have to agree. They were pretty easy, too, which I like. I loved the suble hints of orange along with the white chocolate chips. Such a great combination! Here's the recipe:

ORANGE CREAMSICLE COOKIES
adapted from Life As a Lofthouse
Servings: 79
Points+: 2


2 1/4 c. flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla (or orange extract for enhanced flavor)
2 T. orange zest
1 1/2 c. white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well mixed. Gradually add in the flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips.

Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a large cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes.


EXERCISE:
The activity tonight was keeping up with Insanity. You'd think that it would get easier, but after over a week of doing it, it's not getting easier yet. The workout tonight was Pure Cardio. I think this one may trump last night's workout as my favorite. They're all really good at getting my heartrate up and giving me a great workout, so it's hard to decide. Maybe by the end of the 60 days I will have made my mind up...maybe.

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment