Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Light Olive Garden Salad


Well hey there! I hope you're all having another great week. It's going pretty quickly for me, which is great because I'm really looking forward to this weekend. We are going camping at one of SC's state parks. It's a long the Edisto River. It looks beautiful. We're really looking forward to having a relaxing weekend. It's been a while since we just relaxed for an entire weekend. Yes, we did go camping a couple of weeks ago, but we were still on the go. This time, we are going to the campground and just staying there with no schedule the entire time. Sounds wonderful!

I love Olive Garden. But since I've been on Weight Watchers, the annual visits that I make to that restaurant have gone down drastically. I think one of the things that I miss the most is their salad. I'm the person that eats 2 bowls of salad, plus some breadsticks before my meal comes, then when my meal does come, I'm already full and have to take most of it home. Since I miss the salads so much, I decided to try to make the "at-home" version of it. The good thing about doing it at home is that I can make it lighter for myself. Can't beat the great taste in a lighter version! Here's the recipe:

LIGHT OLIVE GARDEN SALAD
adapted from Chef Pablo's Restaurant Recipes
Servings: 15
Points+: 2


Dressing:
1/2 c. reduced fat mayonnaise
1/3 c. white vinegar
1 t. canola oil
2 T. corn syrup
2 T. reduced fat Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 t. Italian seasoning
1/2 t. parsley
1 t. lemon juice
1/2 t. sugar

Salad:
1 head romaine lettuce, cut
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 qt. grape tomatoes
1 15-oz. can medium pitted black olives
1 bag croutons
grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Allow to sit at least an hour or overnight would be better.

Add all salad ingredients, except for Parmesan cheese to a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and mix until all of the salad ingredients are well coated. Grate the fresh Parmesan cheese over top of the salad to your desired liking. Enjoy!!


EXERCISE:
After taking a rest day Monday, it was back to the routine Tuesday evening. We continued with the Insanity workouts. We have modified it slightly to make up for the late start we got, plus we're making Monday our rest day since I have my WI on Tuesday mornings. I will do anything I can to make that scale lower! I'm really enjoying these workouts. I love that they get my HR up. It's definitely a great workout! I will continue to give you updates!

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. I love Olive Garden salad! This is a great lightened up version!

    ReplyDelete