Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mushroom & Swiss Burger Cupcakes


Well, i am happy to report that I am still on the wagon. My day at work went by very quickly which really helped me not to graze today. I've also been eating eggs for breakfast. I think that this helps me to stay fuller longer and not want to snack as much. The only thing that I had that I didn't plan to eat was some english muffin bread with lemon blueberry curd after dinner. I had made the bread over the weekend and I need to use it up. So I had a slice with some curd for my sweetness after dinner.

Dinner tonight is something that I am very proud of. I developed my own "cupcake" recipe. It has the same flavors as a mushroom and swiss hamburger. TC really liked the cupcakes. Addison loved the gravy that was on top and I think she accidently ended up eating some of the cupcake, too. I'm sure she was confused when I told her we were having cupcakes for dinner and then I gave her one of these. But at least she ate some of it! Here's the recipe:

MUSHROOM & SWISS BURGER CUPCAKES
a Southern Livng Yankee Original!!
Servings: 4
Points+: 7


1/2 lb 95% lean ground beef or ground turkey
1/2 t. seasoned salt
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c. mushrooms, finely chopped
1/3 c. mushroom gravy (I used a McCormick's packet)
4 Laughing Cow Light Swiss wedges, chopped
24 wonton wrappers (found in the produce section)
1 c. 2% milk swiss cheese

Pre-heat the oven to 375 degree. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

Cook mushroom gravy according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. Add the seasoned salt, onion, garlic & mushrooms and cook until vegetables are tender.

In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the beef and veggie mixture, cheese wedges and mushroom gravy. Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stirring well to combine until cheese wedges are melted and beef mixture is fully coated with cheese and gravy.

Press a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin pan. Spoon about half of the beef & cheese mixture evenly among the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half the swiss cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.

Bake for 18 - 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.


EXERCISE
My exercise tonight will be level 1 of JM's Ripped in 30 again. I'm planning to work my way through this DVD again and supplementing it with some running and yoga as well. As I've told you before, I do better when I have structure. So I'm trying to structure my eating and my workouts again to help me to stay in control and on plan!

So long for today...

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! Just found your blog! Can't wait to try this recipe and follow your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Cannot wait to try this! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'm a huge fan of savory cupcakes for dinner. I love that they're portion controlled and yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete