Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 2012 Foodie Pen Pal Reveal

The Lean Green Bean

Wow! Has another month already gone by. I can't believe that it's already the end of July. I actually heard someone talking the other day about how many days there were until Christmas. That's not really what I want to hear right now. Won't you please let us enjoy the rest of Summer? I guess it's all relative. While it's already the end of July, it's also ONLY the end of July. Living in the South, that means we have lots of Summer left to enjoy still. But before I get on with enjoying my Summer, I wanted to do a post about my Foodie Pen Pal this month.

This month, I was paired with Jason from MaurPowerFoodie. He was totally different from my last two Foodie Pen Pals and had a theme to the box this month. This month, the theme was Asian...yummy! Here is what he sent:

Coco Jam

Pickled Ground Green Chiles

Instant Duck Flavor Paste

Dried Sweet Kumquats

Vermicelli (Green Bean Thread) Pasta

Brown Candy

I had one casualty of the Pickled Red Chiles, but I guess that is a risk you take when you sign up for a program like this.

I am so excited to break these things out and get started with them. I try not to until after I have made my post, so I will definitely be updating you on how I use all of these items. He also sent me a recipe for some Tabouli. I love Tabouli and can't wait to make some of my own!

Ok, so how do you get involved in this fantastic program? You can find all of the details here.

That's all until next month for the Foodie Pen Pal Program.

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the them package. Let me know how the Tabouli turns out for you and what you think of all the ingredients again as you try them. Sorry again for the red chili casualty. Can't wait to see what is in store for next month.

    ReplyDelete