Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sour Cream Noodle Bake


Well, I am still staying on plan with my eating. I got thrown off a little bit today for lunch. I was planning to eat a pear and almond salad, but after I had gotten the lettuce ready, I realized that I didn't have a pear for the salad. I had to improvise and instead, made a baked sweet potato for lunch. Along with that, I also had some green beans, some baby carrots and also some Chobai 0% yogurt to get in some extra protein. I'm pretty proud of myself. Usually, this would have thrown off my whole day and I would have started eating anything and everything. But I stuck to the plan and came in only 1 pt over for the day. So far this week, I've only used 3 weekly points.

So remember yesterday when I showed you a picture of the sour cream noodle bake that we had for dinner? It was so good, we had it for leftovers tonight. It was just as good the second day. This reminds me a lot of lasagna, but it's a lot easier. Plus, the sour cream in it added a little extra tang. This is definitely going to be made again and probably soon! Here's the recipe:

SOUR CREAM NOODLE BAKE
adapted from Allrecipes
Servings: 6
Points+: 11


6 oz. wide egg noodles
1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
1/2 green pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 c. spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Light)
1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain.

In large skillet over medium heat, cook meat until well done. Add bell pepper and galic. Cook until veggies are tender. Add spices and tomato sauce. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Add cottage cheese, sour cream and green onions. Stir until well combined.

Spray a 2 qt. baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour noodle and meat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.


EXERCISE:
Even though it was late, I got in my Yoga Meltdown for the evening. I managed to do Level 2 of the workout even though I was pretty tired. I'm not sure why. So this helped to make up for that extra point that I had. I'm hoping to get a couple of runs in over the weekend. We're doing our maiden voyage in the camper, so running will be my best bet. Let's hope mother nature cooperates with my plan!

So long for today...


1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I am adding this to my list of things to make!

    ReplyDelete