Sunday, July 8, 2012

Recommitment


So I have some bad news for you. Well, not so bad for you, maybe just me. The last week or so has been horrible with me foodwise. The only way I was watching what I was eating, was as it was going into my mouth. The holidays are rough on my new healthy eating lifestyle. My holidays include, but aren't limited to Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, 4th of July, Sundays. Ha! So needless to say, the scale has inched its way up.

This morning, I got up and decided that I was going to eat better starting TODAY. My Weight Watchers week resets on Tuesday, but I'm not going to wait until then to start over. I am re-committing starting today.

Even though my eating has been overboard, I have been keeping up with my exercising. It's funny, last year after we got back from the cruise, my eating and my exercising just completely went out the window. Looking at my weight tracker from last year and comparing it to this year, I am 7 pounds lighter now than I was last year at this time. So that is something that helps me to feel a little bit better. But it's not enough for me.

I really need to be more mindful of my eating. So I'm thinking about starting to do What I Ate Wednesdays (WIAW) and taking pictures of everything that I ate and sharing it on the blog. I think this might be a way to keep me accountable and ultimately help me to stick to the plan better.

I hope you will bear with me while I figure this all out. As always, tips and tricks are always welcome. I'm planning to make this a real lifestyle change. I hope you will continue on my journey with me!

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the holidays! I love the WIAW! Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I can remember to take pics of everything!

      Delete