Friday, July 27, 2012

Healthy Zucchini Muffins


We made it through another work week! This one was pretty long for me. Not sure why, it just was. Maybe it was because I was looking forward to camping so much this weekend it drug by for me, whatever the case, I have made it through and I'm so glad the weekend is here. We are camping at the nearby State Park for the weekend. I'm so looking forward to just relaxing. I'm hoping I will have cell service down there, but I'm not making any promises.

I decided to treat my co-workers to breakfast. I had a little bit of zucchini that still needed used up, so I searched for something simple that used zucchini and could be eaten for breakfast. Along came these muffins. I think the thing that I like most about them is that they only have 2 T. of oil. Plus, they don't have a lot of apple sauce or anything like that in them. They were also very yummy which is most important of all! Here's the recipe:

HEALTHY ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
adapted from Healthy Diet Mom
Servings: 12
Points+: 4


1 2/3 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1 1/4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 1/3 c. shredded zucchini
1/2 c. fat-free milk
2 T. canola oil
2 T. honey
1 large egg
Cooking spray

Topping
1 T. sugar
1/4 t. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400°.

Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, soda and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.

Combine zucchini, milk, oil, honey, and egg in a small bowl; stir until blended.

Make a well in center of flour mixture; add milk mixture, stirring just until moist. Batter may seem loose. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups or 24 mini-muffin cups coated with cooking spray.

Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over tops of muffins.

Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden for regular muffins, 11 minutes for mini-muffins. Remove from pans immediately; cool on a wire rack.


EXERCISE:
TC and I both had very good intentions of working out while camping. We were going to take the computer outside and do our Insanity workouts after Addison went to bed. well, Mother Nature had other plans and decided that it should rain. So instead, I did the Plyometric Cardio Circuit workout in the camper while also watching the Opening Ceremonies on TV. Let me tell you, you haven't lived until you have done an Insanity workout in a camper!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment