Monday, July 16, 2012

Lighter Peanut Butter Pie


Last week, a friend of mine poste a picture on Facebook of a delicious looking peanut butter pie. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I was going to make it. She was nice enough to give me the recipe. When I saw this recipe, I knew a) that it had to be lightened upand b) that it COULD be lightened up! I made a couple of easy swaps and came up with this recipe.

Even though it's lighter than it was, it is still pretty pointy for a dessert. Everyone that tried this said that they really liked it. Even though I'm not a huge fan of PB desserts, I also thought it was pretty good. What I love about this are the huge number of possibilies that I can try in variations for it. I'm going to have fun changing up a couple of ingredients to make a different pie all together. You can expect to see those in some upcoming blog posts. Here's the recipe:

LIGHTER PEANUT BUTTER PIE
adapted from Loree Foster
Servings: 16
Points+: 10


8 oz. light cream cheese, softened
3 8-oz. containers, fat free Cool Whip
12 oz. jar of creamy peanut butter
2 c. powdered sugar
2 T. vanilla
2 graham cracker pie crusts

Cream together cream cheese with 2 containers Cool Whip on low with electric mixer, increasing to medium speed as it becomes easier.

Add peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla, still beating on medium speed until creamy. Spoon into pie crusts.

Top each pie with 1/2 container of Cool Whip. Cover and freeze 3 - 4 hours. Allow to sit out 15 - 20 minutes before cutting.

Enjoy!


EXERCISE
Well, believe it or not, I took a day of rest today. These don't happen very often with me, although the do seem to be happening more and more often. I decided to rest today since my knee has been bothering me. I'm not sure about the reason for that, but I'm thinking it might be because of all of the lunges that I've been doing in Ripped in 30. I'm hoping that by resting tonight and upping it to the next level tomorrow, my knee pain will be a thing of the past. At least for now!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment