Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chicken Fiesta Bake


So I had found a recipe on Pinterest for a Mexican Chicken Casserole over the weekend. While I was at the grocery store, I bought all the ingredients for it to make it sometime this week and then I added it to my weekly menu. So yesterday, I was starting to prep everything for it to assemble the casserole during my lunch hour. But I can't find the recipe now! I looked through my Pinterest boards and I even searched for it, but I couldn't find a recipe that had the ingredients that I had bought. So I decided to improvise.

I looked through the pantry and figured out what all I thought would be good in this recipe. I don't develop a lot of recipes on my own, but when I do and they taste pretty good, I can't help but to be a little proud of myself. This recipe is so easy. You can make it and keep it in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake it. I was really relieved when TC tried it and said that it tasted good. What a relief! Here's the recipe:

CHICKEN FIESTA BAKE
Southern Living Yankee Original
Servings: 4
Points+: 10


1 c. Bisquick HeartSmart baking mix
4 T. water
1/4 c. Egg Beaters

2 4-oz. chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
1 c. salsa
1 c. FF sour cream
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
4 oz. 2% milk cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray round baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

Combine Bisquick, water and Egg Beaters and stir until mixed well. Pour into prepared baking dish and spread evenly over bottom.

Combine remaining ingredients, except for cheese. Stir until these ingredients are mixed well. Spread evenly over Bixquick mix in baking dish and top with shredded cheese.

Bake at 400 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
Tonight was day 1 of the Insanity workout. It was the Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Just judging from the warm-up, I was kind of scared. It actually wasn't that bad. Later in the workout, I wasn't able to do the moves as fast as Shaun T. did, but I still had my heartrate up. When the workout was over and the stretching was all done, I had burned 306 calories. I think that was pretty good. Now on to the next workout tomorrow evening.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment