Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cheesy Stuffed Shells


We're back home after a great weekend camping. The campground was great the the State Park is beautiful. We will definitely be returning again soon. There is a place where you can float down the Edisto River with the starting point actually in the state park. This is something that we might have to look into!

I made these stuffed shells earlier in the week. They were so good! I would have loved to have eaten more, but since it was my WIAW the day we ate them, I had to be good and limit myself to only 3. We had some leftovers and I shared them with the neighbors. They said they were good, too and returned the empty casserole dish to me, so I will take that as a good sign! Here's the recipe:

CHEESY STUFFED SHELLS
A Southern Living Yankee Original
Servings: 4
Points+: 9


1/2 lb. lean ground turkey italian sausage
1/2 medium bell pepper, diced
1/2 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t. italian seasoning
1 c. 2% reduced fat cottage cheese
1 c. light spaghetti sauce
12 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
1 c. 2% milk mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook pasta shells according to package directions.

Meanwhile, spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Once hot, add turkey sausage and cook until meat is well done. Add pepper, onion, garlic and italian seasoning and cook until vegetables are tender.

Remove from heat and stir in cottage cheese. Evenly fill the cooked pasta shells with the filling and place into a 9 x 9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

Pour spaghetti sauce over shells and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until cheese is lightly brown and bubbly. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
I'm happy to say that I got another run in this morning. The park has some beautiful areas and a great hiking/walking trail. It's always a nice change to go from running in the neighborhood to running where I can really enjoy nature!

I think I am going to try to do the next Insanity workout tonight. I know I already ran earlier, but I'd like to do some circuit work and get some strength today, too. As long as my schedule permits, that's what will happen.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment