Monday, July 9, 2012

Low Carb Stromboli Panini


So today was the second day of my re-commitment. I'm sure you're all wondering how I did. Anyway, I was doing very well, until I got home from work. The time between when I get home from work and when I eat dinner is difficult for me for some reason. I don't know why I am just now realizing this, but it is. For those of you that follow me on Facebook, you already know what happened. For those of you that don't, why don't you? Please take a moment to "Like" Southern Living Yankee on FB by clicking here and clicking on the thumbs up sign. Go ahead, I'll wait...............Ok, now that you've done that, you already know that I found it necessary to finish off some crackers that were on the counter. The good news is that I won't be eating them tomorrow, but that's also the bad news because I ate them all tonight. Tracking and moving on....

This dinner is a very quick and simple recipe. You can change it up how ever you want to. You can add any kind of veggies you want. You can take out the ham all together or use some turkey in it's place. The possibilies really are endless with it. Here's the recipe:

LOW CARB STROMBOLI PANINI
Servings: 1
Points+: 5


1 Fat Free Soft Taco sized Tortilla (I used La Banderita brand)
1/8 c. pizza sauce
1 oz. thin sliced deli meat (I used Hillshire Farm Ultra Thin)
1 piece string cheese, shredded
1 T. reduced fat parmesan cheese
1/2 t. italian seasoning
6 slices Turkey Pepperoni

Preheat panini grill. If you don't have one, you can cook this in a skillet or a George Foreman style grill.

Spread pizza sauce over half of tortilla. Next, lay ham over top of pizza sauce. Sprinkle string cheese and parmesan cheese and italian seasoning over ham. Cover cheeses with turkey pepperoni.

Fold other half of tortilla over top of the toppings. Spray panini grill with non-stick cooking spray. Place filled tortilla on grill and cook until done or cheese is melted and meats are heated through. You can serve this with additional pizza sauce if you want to for dipping.


EXERCISE:
After my very active day yesterday, I was a little sore today. I was very tempted to skip my workout tonight using my WI tomorrow as an excuse. Bob and Jillian would be so proud of me though, because I found the energy to complete Level 1 of Jillian's Ripped in 30 video. I might be working my way through this DVD again. I haven't decided yet. We'll just have to wait and see.

So long for today...

2 comments: