Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday #1

Here it is! My first What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW). I have been taking pictures all day of what I have eaten. I was worried that I might forget a couple of times, but I remembered every time. I'm pretty proud of myself for that.

I decided to start the WIAWs to help myself to be more accountable with my eating. The week of the 4th of July, I had no reservations about what I ate. It was a week full of family, friends and food. While I did enjoy myself, I was very aware the whole time that I wasn't staying OP. This stayed in the back of my mind. Finally, on Sunday, I decided to get things under control. Although it's taken me a couple of days to do it, I really think I've reined things back in.

Today was a different day for my eating. I did better today than I have in a long time. I have you all to thank for that. I knew that I wanted to be completely honest with you about what I ate today. I promise that I really did take pictures of everything. There were a couple of times that I wanted to snack on something else, but I didn't want to take a picture of it and have you all know that I ate it. So I didn't eat it. You all helped me to have stronger willpower today, and for that, I thank you.

Ok, so let's get to it. Here is what I ate today:

Every day I go to work, I start the day with a 16 oz. cup of decaf chai tea. To this, I add 1 packet of Stevia sweetner and 2 T. of fat free half and half.

CHAI LATTE - 0 Points+

Breakfast today was 1 egg plus 1 egg white, 2 pieces of Sara Lee 45 Calories & Delightful Multi Grain bread and a banana.

BREAKFAST: 5 Points+

For lunch, I had a pear & almond salad that consisted of a bed of romaine lettuce, 1 pear, 1 T. sliced almonds and 2 T. of Trader Joe's Raspberry Viniagrette. I also had 15 Special K Cracker Chips and some grapes.

LUNCH: 4 Points+

For my afternoon snack, I had some light string cheese and some strawberries.

SNACK: 2 Points+

Dinner was a new recipe that I tried. It was Sour Cream Noodle Bake. Don't worry, I'll post the recipe later this week. I also had some fresh corn on the cob from the farmer's market with it.

DINNER: 10 Points+

After dinner, I always have to have something sweet. Along with my Sleepytime tea, I also had a Fiber One 90 Calorie Chocolate Chip Brownie. They were my latest discovery last weekend!

SNACK: 2 Points+

Ok, so in full disclosure, I also had one orange gummy bear that Addison fed to me. Since she fed it to me, I couldn't take a picture of that one, but here is one of his friends:

When you add it all up, my total Points+ for today was 23. I had 3 pts leftover for the day, but since my weight has been up a little bit this week, it's ok with me. Hopefully that might help bring that number down a little bit on the scale.

EXERCISE:
Tonight's exercise is going to be Level 1 of Jillian's Ripped in 30. I was debating between that and running, but Mother Nature made that decision with all the rain. I'm not complaining though, we need the rain and I'm horrible at making decisions!

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I am going to join you tomorrow. I don't know points like you do, but I love the accountability factor. Our neighbors across the street are doing WW, so I may have to ask her at some point, but I am traveling this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does keep me accountable! I want to be honest with everyone about it, so I have to decide when I want something to eat whether or not I want to have to take a picture of it and tell everyone about it. It's really helped!

      Delete