Thursday, February 2, 2012

Creature of Habit

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!! Even though Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today, I won't mind 6 more weeks of the winter we've been having so far...

I am a creature of habit. I've been told before that I like things very structured and I can't say that I disagree. Since I joined Weight Watchers in 2009, I've noticed that I do better on the plan when I keep my meals pretty structured. I find that I eat the same things for breakfast and lunch. My meals may vary a little bit on the weekends, but in general, they're the same foods. I do allow myself more variety in my dinners. But I'm able to do this because of my other meals.

I usually start my morning with a tall chai latte. Since I don't live near a Starbucks, I have to make my own. Here is my recipe:

CHAI TEA LATTE
Servings: 1
Points+: 0

Ingredients:
1 Tazo Organic Chai Tea Bag
2 c. water
2 packets Splenda
2 T. Fat Free Half and Half

Steep tea to your liking...I like mine pretty strong so I can taste all of the Chai spices. Add Splenda and half and half. Enjoy!

One of my favorite breakfasts is what I call Ginormous Almond Oatmeal. Here is the recipe:

GINORMOUS ALMOND OATMEAL
Servings: 1
Points+: 3

Ingredients:
1 packet lower sugar oatmeal (I like Maple and Brown Sugar)
1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
1 c. water
1 packet Splenda
1/2 t. vanilla extract
Banana, Apple or Pear, chopped (optional)

Add all ingredients to bowl and stir to combine. Microwave on high for 8 - 9 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep from boiling over.

This is so good and so filling! When you mix it all up, you're probably going to think there is way too much liquid, but trust me, it will thicken up. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I don't always eat the fruit in it. But I most always have a piece of fruit (usually a banana) mid-morning sometime. So this is my go-to weekday breakfast.




I'm thinking about starting to have some incredible, edible eggs on some days, too. But we'll have to wait and see how that goes.

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. I'm going 2 try this. I've never been an oatmeal fan but but maybe I will like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like it! I love this breakfast, especially in the winter time. It really helps to warm me up on a cold morning.

    ReplyDelete