Friday, February 10, 2012

Family Night Out

This has been such a long week! I'm so glad it's over and it's time for the weekend! It was a pretty busy evening, but so fun! Here's a recap:

After work, I dashed home and threw everything I thought we needed into as few bags as possible. Not an easy feat for someone like me. I have the mindset that it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Because of this, I tend to overpack.

After about an hour of chaos, we were finally on our way! The hotel was about an hour from the house. Charleston is so pretty, even on an overcast day. I love going over the Ravenel bridge. Made me want to do the bridge run even more!
We even got to see the Carnival Fantasy heading out to sea. This is the ship that we'll be cruising on in April. That was kind of neat, too.

Let me tell you, this place is so pretty! It's right on the water! I'm so glad we decided to spend the night at the resort.

We got to the hotel about 5:00 and checked in. After dropping our things in our room, we went downstairs so that I could get my race packet with my shirt, bib, etc. This was pretty exciting for me! I've done the bridge run before, but never running, only walking. This is the first race that I will actually be running.

After I got my packet, it was off to dinner. We decided on Outback since it was close, plus TC had been craving Outback for a while. I tried my best to order a WW friendly dinner, which actually was surprisingly easy. Their bread is so good, so I allowed myself to have two small slices.
Then I had a salad without cheese or croutons with the zesty tomato dressing and the 6 oz. sirloin with rice.

Total, the dinner was only 13 points+. After dinner, I decided that I wanted some TCBY. So we headed over there and got some frozen yogurt. It was soooo good!!

After the yogurt, we headed back to the hotel to settle in. We can even see the bridge from our balcony.

Pretty happy I got my Yoga Meltdown workout done. Now its time to get Addison to bed and try to relax for a bit. I'm hoping for a good night's sleep tonight, but not counting on it. Can't wait for tomorrow. Hope it ends up being warmer than the 58 degrees that they're calling for!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment