Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Slow Cooked Meatballs


Well, today was my official WW weigh-in day. After the food fiasco that I had on Saturday, I wouldn't have been surprised with staying the same weight or even a gain. Apparently, my hard work from yesterday must have paid off because I had a loss of .4 lbs today! Yea! I was very happy with that.

It was such a beautiful day today, so Addison and I asked our neighbor to go for a walk this evening after work. It was nice to catch up with my friend while also getting some APs. After Addison goes to bed tonight, it's off to let Jillian work me out.

Dinner was very good tonight. TC even commented on how tender these meatballs were. This is definitely a recipe that I'll be making again. Here's the recipe:

SLOW COOKED MEATBALLS
adapted from Can You Stay for Dinner
Servings: 4
Points+: 7

1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
1/2 large onion, minced
2 gloves garlic, minced
1 T. dried oregano
1/2 t. dried parsley
1/2 t. dried basil
1/4 c. reduced fat parmesan cheese
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 c. milk

1/2 large onion, chopped
2 c. spaghetti sauce

Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl using your hands. Do not overmix. Roll the mixture into balls roughly 1 1/2″ in diameter.

Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl using your hands. Do not overmix. Roll the mixture into balls roughly 1 1/2″ in diameter.

Scatter the onion over the base of your slow cooker, followed by the meatballs. Pour the sauce evenly over the top, making sure to coat everything.

Cook on low for 4-6 hours.


I already have the red beans and sausage in the crock pot in the refrigerator ready to be cooked in the morning. Can't wait to see how this recipe turns out.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment