Monday, February 27, 2012

Grilled Honey Lime Chicken


Did you miss me? It's been 5 days since my last post. I'm sure you were sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for me to return. You probably think that I've spent the last 5 days in my kitchen whipping up all kinds of delicious foods to share with you through my blog. I'm sorry to disappoint you, that's not what happened.

Thursday evening, we attended the Trident United Way Annual Soiree. It was a fun night out for TC and I. Mimi and Papa stayed with Addison for the evening. For the last two years, I have been a member of the United Way campaign team at the company I work for. I've dedicated a lot of my time to meeting our goal, which we were able to do both years. As a reward, I was able to attend this party and hobb knob with the who's who of the local United Way and the business leaders that serve on the board and are on the various committees for them. I didn't get to go last year, so I wanted to be sure to make it this year.

We spent the weekend with my cousins and their kids in North Carolina. It's too bad that we don't get to spend more time with them, but we are all busy and don't take the time to do it, although we should do it more. I like for Addison to know my family, too. They're the most local family that I have, so we like to make a couple of trips up there a year and spend time with them.

Dinner tonight was Grilled Honey Lime Chicken. It's also known as the Cracker Barrel Chicken that I made a couple of weeks ago and forgot to take pictures of. Since I had a non-WW-friendly weekend, I wanted to try my best to keep the scale as low as possible for my weigh-in tomorrow. What that means is some sort of chicken, brown rice and green beans. Here's the recipe again:


GRILLED HONEY LIME CHICKEN
adapted from Plain Chicken
Servings: 4
Points+: 6

1 lb. chicken breasts
1 c. FF italian dressing
3 T. honey
3 t. lime juice

Combine all ingredients and allow chicken to marinate overnight. Grill chicken until well done...enjoy!


This is a very simple and delicious way to make chicken. If you haven't tried it yet, you definitely should! I've already made the meatballs for dinner tomorrow and have them in the fridge in the crockpot. They already smell so good! Can't wait to share the recipe with you tomorrow!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment