Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pink Lemonade Confetti Cupcakes


Today was a rainy South Carolina day. Normally, I would complain, but we definitely needed it. The only bad thing is that I didn't get my run in. Hope it doesn't set me back too much. Since TC was helping his cousin move again today, I did get to spend a lazy day with Addison which is always a good thing. While she was napping I got to make these confetti cupcakes for dessert at my sister's house this evening.  I love the tartness that the pink lemonade gives them. I did add some buttercream icing to the cupcakes for anyone who wasn't watching their weight, which was pretty much everyone but me. Here's the recipe:


PINK LEMONADE CONFETTI CUPCAKES
adapted from Skinnytaste
Servings: 24
Points+: 3

1 box confetti cake mix
2 1/2 t. sugar free pink lemonade mix
1 c. water
1 T. oil
1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
Confetti Sprinkles


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 24 liners in muffin pans. Mix water with lemonade mix and mix until dissolved. Combine cake mix, lemonade, oil & applesauce and mix with electric mixer until blended. Distribute evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle with confetti if using. Bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.

These are a sweet treat that everyone seemed to enjoy this evening. I think these would be so good in the summer with a cream cheese frosting. I think that's an idea for this coming summer.


So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment