Thursday, February 9, 2012

30 Minute Tuna Noodle Casserole

Well, I was going to take a picture of the casserole for you today...but by the time I remembered, some of it had disappeared.
Ok, so a lot of it disappeared...but it was really good...

30 Minute Tuna Noodle Casserole
adapted from Wholesome Mommy

Servings: 5
Points+: 9

5 cups cooked pasta (I used Barilla Piccolini Rotini)
2 cans tuna, drained and flaked with a fork
2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
2 cans condensed fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
1/4 cup reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
15 finely crushed Special K Sour Cream & Onion Cracker Chips (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Combine the pasta, tuna, and peas in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the soup, milk, cheese, garlic powder, and pepper, and pour over the top of the pasta mixture. Stir to combine and pour into a greased casserole dish. Bake, covered with foil, for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle the cracker chips evenly over the top and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.

I had a really good day with my points. I haven't had to dip into my weekly points yet. I didn't have the munchies like I have the last couple of days. I don't know if this is because my willpower is getting stronger or because I was just busier at work. (probably the latter)

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow evening. We're going to stay at the Charleston Harbor Resort Hotel...
I can't wait! We're making it a family night away. Some people have told me that we should get a babysitter and have a romantic evening, but I didn't like that idea. I really want both her and TC to be there when I cross the finish line.

I promise to take lots of pictures and I will try to post tomorrow evening after dinner.

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment