Friday, February 17, 2012

Cool Whip Cookies


Ah! Another flex Friday. I love having every other Friday off of work. What makes them even better is that TC has every Friday off of work so we get a bonus family day together. Sometimes we have definite plans and other times, we just relax and see what happens. Today was a day that I had a definite plan, but the rest of the family didn't. First, I wanted to get a run in, which I did. I also needed to run some errands to get the documents that I needed to renew my passport with my married name. Even though we got married 5 years ago, I hadn't changed my name on my passport. I figured that, until I had to, I wasn't going to. Well, since my passport expires in March and we're going on our cruise in April, that time has come. Since you never know how long it will take this Federal Agency to work, I wanted to get this taken care of well in advance. Apparently, that is today. So I needed to take care of getting my passport photos taken and getting a certified copy of our marriage license, both of which I did. It's a good feeling to know that I got everything accomplished today that I wanted to.


Some good friends from Pennsylvania came in last night and are staying at my parents house. Since Addison was talking about seeing "Bucky" all day, we decided to head up there for the evening. Not wanting to go empty handed, I made a batch of Alabama Firecrackers and Cool Whip cookies. I've been playing around with the different cake mixes that I've used when making these cookies. I've already tried lemon and strawberry. So far, lemon have been my favorite. When I looked in the pantry, I saw a French Vanilla cake mix, so I decided to try that one today, assuming they would taste similar to a sugar cookie. While I did like these ones, they're still not as good as the Lemon Cool Whip Cookies. Here's the recipe:


COOL WHIP COOKIES
adapted from Slender Kitchen
Servings: about 48
Points+: 1 per cookie

1 cake mix, any flavor
2 eggs
1 medium container fat free Cool Whip
1/2 c. powdered sugar


Combine cake mix, eggs and cool whip and mix until well combined. Mixture will be pretty thick and sticky. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture has thickened a bit more. Drop tablespoons of mixture into powedered sugar and roll until coated. Place on cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 14 - 16 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.


You can also make these the day ahead of time and chill the batter in the fridge overnight. I've made these quite a few times since I found this recipe. Most everytime I make them I get compliments on them. People are really surprised when I tell them that they're WW-friendly. I would definitely recommend taking these to your next get together. All your friends will thank you!


So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. Hello I just found your website and I am excited to give these a try! I was wondering if you can use just the egg white's for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete