Monday, February 13, 2012

Cracker Barrel Chicken

When you think of restaurants that are WW friendly, Cracker Barrel doesn't usually come to mind. At least, it never did for me. I've never really been a big fan of Cracker Barrel. The last time I had gone, I ordered the Chicken and Dumplings and just didn't care for them. So one day when my husband suggested we go there for dinner, I wasn't too thrilled with the idea. After I started looking up the Points values of some of their foods though, I realized that they do have some really healthy options. This is what my typical meal at Cracker Barrel now consists of: Grilled Chicken Tenderloin(6 Pts.+), Brown Rice (3 Pts.+), Tossed Salad (0 Pts.+) w/ FF Italian (1 Pts.+) Total: 10 Pts.+ - Not bad for an "Old Country Store." Here's the recipe for the chicken:

CRACKER BARREL CHICKEN
Servings: 4
Points+: 6

1 lb. chicken breast, cut into tenderloins
1 c. FF italian dressing
2 t. lime juice
3 T. honey

Combine all ingredients and allow to marinate at least 1 hour or over night. Remove from marinade and grill.

This chicken is so delicious, it's so easy and it's so WW friendly. I really wish I had a picture to share with you, but my evening was pretty busy. I have a sick little girl tonight and I completely forgot to take a picture. I will make this again soon so that I can remember to take a picture to post. So in place of a picture of dinner, I will share a picture of the cupcakes that I made for Addison's class at school.

Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment